Newcastle Private Hospital
Jacaranda Drive – New Lambton Heights Newcastle, NSW
Value: – $ 5,635,000
Client: – Healthscope Operations P/L
Superintendent: – RPS P/l
Description: – Basement Excavation for Extension to Newcastle Private Hospital;
- Site Dimensions approx. 150 long x 30m wide. Excavations up to 9m deep in fills and sandstone.
- Works undertaking directly adjacent to working Private and Public hospital buildings with strict noise and vibration limits.
- Clearing and Grubbing of Site
- Installation of 150 bored piers up to 11m in depth
- Installation of permanent and temporary bar anchors into piles (up to 285 kN capacity)
- Installation of 600mm x 600mm x 165m long stepped reinforced capping beam to piles.
- Reinforced Shotcrete infill Panel Wall in between piles constructed in 2m lifts as excavations advanced. 700m2, 180mm thick.
- Construction of Shotcrete Soil nail wall – 275m2 up to 4.4m deep, 150mm thick.
- Excavation and disposal of 15,500t of General Solid waste in accordance with site Remediation Action Plan that included air monitoring and specialists removal procedures.
- Excavation and disposal of 15,000t of Virgin Sandstone
- Management of Spot contamination finds.
- Final Validation of Site