Great North Road, Lemming Corner,
Value: – $ 850,000
Client: – Cessnock City Council
Superintendent: – Cessnock City Council
Description: – Realignment of Blackspot on Great North Road;
- Removal of compound curve on historic regional road. This site was a gazetted “Blackspot” for motorcycles known as Lemming Corner.
- Historical Serpentine Road with Convict artefacts requiring protection
- 3000m3 Sandstone cut utilising large hydraulic excavators with rippers and hammers.
- Limited access on steep grades and cuttings.
- Extension of existing drainage, installation of new drainage pits.
- Installation of SO type dish drain and no fines subsoil system.
- Installation of motorcycle safe guardrail system.
- Full Depth pavement reconstruction and AC overlay
- Signage and Line marking
- Undertaken under live traffic with 24h traffic controls in place to maintain at least 1 lane of traffic.